Stretch & STRAWkle
Time & Location
About The Event
For more information, please go to: Facebook Event page.
No need to RSVP!
We've teamed up with Lululemon Warringah to bring you Stretch & STRAWkle, a yoga and underwater clean-up event!
Start your Saturday off right by joining us for a FREE yoga class on the sand, followed by getting involved with some citizen science with AUSMAP, or jumping in the ocean for a STRAWkle with Operation Straw.
Free yoga: 8-9am
AUSMAP Microplastic Survey and Strawkle: 9am - 10.30am
FREE YOGA DETAILS:
- The class will start at 8am sharp, so please arrive at 7.50am to sign in and set up. Please meet at the grassy area outside the Manly Art Gallery.
- Everyone and anyone is welcome! The class will cater to all levels of experience.
- Please remember to BYO yoga mat or towel + water bottle if you want to participate in the class.
- We'll be guided by Phoebe Collins. Phoebe has been teaching yoga for 8 years, and you can find Phoebe at Qi Yoga and Modern Movement. When she’s not teaching you’ll find her hanging out on the Northern Beaches with her dog Maverick and soaking up the dreamy outdoors that we are so lucky to call home. Phoebe’s classes are grounding, energising and calming and she encourages you to find your own flow that honours your body, mind and soul.
- If you're not participating in the yoga class, come down for the strawkle at 9am
- You must bring your own snorkel, mask, and fins + a wetsuit if you've got one. Gloves are also a good idea as we'll be picking up rubbish from the ocean floor, garden gloves are fine!
- If you don't have snorkel gear, contact our friends at Dive Centre Manly to rent some snorkeling equipment or a wetsuit.
- You must be a competent swimmer and confident in the water, and already know how to snorkel as we do not provide training.
- If you are participating in the microplastic survey, you don't need to bring any gear!